Heatmap analysis is especially important in e-commerce as it tells you what shoppers get easily distracted by, which impedes them from converting. It also provides information on where the stumbling blocks are that make them leave.
Heatmap-based e-commerce store optimization allows shoppers to find the right products and seamlessly complete their purchase. As a result, both users' experience and customer satisfaction will improve. These improvements lead to higher sales.
Here are some examples of what we have been able to optimize based on heatmap analysis (with the obvious best UX practices):
- Locate CTAs, opt-ins, content sections, images, hyperlinks, and other important design elements in the right places where users are more likely to reach them
- Simplify the steps of your checkout and sign-up forms
- Make sure there are no hidden fees that only display at the checkout
- Add a link to the support chat
- Add the option to view the product images again in the shopping cart
- Provide a high-quality zoom feature for product images
- Add more payment options
- Make your CTAs more convincing and your content more engaging
- remove duplicate CTAs, confusing navigation items, or other elements that puzzle users
- Get rid of potentially useless elements that distract users
- Fix links that won't open or lead to wrong pages
- Rethink your pricing policies